Wednesday, December 10, 2008

AMPA

Photobucket

* taken from Ilasting.com memorial*
Francisco Galang Bautista, Jr. was a leader, a husband, a father, an entrepreneur...

Frank was born on December 10, 1928 in Masantol, Pampanga in the Philippines.

He married Corazon Lacap in 1953 and also graduated law school that same year. In 1964, at the age of 36, Frank ran for mayor of his hometown and with his win became one of the youngest mayors in the town's history. He and wife Corazon had 8 children and moved to the United States in 1968.

In 1970, Frank and Corazon purchase a home in San Francisco's Sunset District, a predominantly Irish and Italian American community at the time.

At the age of 50, and after 10 years at John Hancock, Frank decides to open his own business as an independent insurance broker.

After a decade long battle with kidney disease, and surrounded by his family, Frank passed away on May 22, 2000 at the age of 71. He will be sorely missed by those who knew and loved him.
***

Dear Ampa,

I just wanted to say Happy Birthday Man!!! We all love you and miss you dearly. I had a dream last night about you, I don't really remember what it was about but I saw you in my dream like you were still here. I just want to say thanks for watching over me through the tough times and cheering me on when I need it. Please continue to guide me to become the person I need to be. I'm sorry that I havent visited your grave in awhile, I just hate cemeteries but i promise I will come by soon, maybe with Ant. Every time I go to the house to eat lunch or dinner I still think that you are there sitting on the couch waiting for us to come upstairs and eat. I've been sitting in your chair at the table, before Ama used to tell me not to sit there because it was your chair but I liked sitting in your chair and it felt great! BTW- the warriors had one great season, after the Giants made the world series they havent gotten back...and the Niners will be back.. I miss you AMPA.

Love,
Roland 1/2 of the giggling couple.

0 comments: